Established in 2003
The institute of Surveyors Saint Lucia Inc. (ISSL) is a national not-for-profit, professional membership organization established in 2003 in Saint Lucia exclusively for individuals engage or with an interest in the disciplines of quantity surveying, valuation, land, project management and agriculture. The main aim of ISSL is to promote and support its members in providing high-quality professional services for the benefit of clients, employers and the public. In so doing, it fosters and promotes best practice standards, ethical conduct and professionalism on the part of its members in order to protect the public interest.
Our Core Values
The members are at the heart or core of the ISSL and are guided by the Code of Conduct of ISSL, which encapsulates in the values of integrity, honesty, accountability and mutual respect for the benefit of the public interest.
The Code of Conduct of ISSL set out the framework within which all its members conduct and deliver services ethically for the public. Accordingly, ISSL is promoting ethical practice and conduct in the surveying profession in Saint Lucia and protecting the public interest.
The priority objectives of ISSL are based on improving the overall surveying profession in Saint Lucia and are as follows:
- Working with the government and other stakeholders to create a better regulatory environment for the surveying profession in Saint Lucia;
- Ensuring that members adopt international standards of professional practices in the performance of their roles in order to win public trust and confidence;
- Establishing and developing an education and training system for members of each disciplines;
- Working closely in collaboration with liked minded national, regional and international organizations to advance the profession of surveying in Saint Lucia and to serve the public interest; and
- Actively advocate on behalf of its members.